Old "Glassworks"

The “Glassworks” was a studio hot glass workshop started by Jenny Antonio during the early 1980’s. Situated in the heart of Edinburgh’s Old Town on Holyrood Road, just a few […]

old vaseThe “Glassworks” was a studio hot glass workshop started by Jenny Antonio during the early 1980’s. Situated in the heart of Edinburgh’s Old Town on Holyrood Road, just a few hundred yards from the site of one of the first glasshouses in Edinburgh, The Ford Glassworks, dating back to the 1800’s. In 1986/87 the studio was moved to Musselburgh on the outskirts of Edinburgh, where it remained until its closure in 1990. The studio specialised in production work such as wine glasses and scent bottles and one-off exhibition pieces.